Republic of Croatia
Justice Sector SupportProject
IT equipment and packaged software
IFB Title:Procurement of IT equipment and installation services
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the GeneralProcurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on 11 May2010.
2. The Republic of Croatia has received aloan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development toward the cost ofJustice Sector Support Project, and it intends to apply part of theproceeds of this loanto payments under the agreement(s) resulting fromthis IFB: supply of IT equipment andinstallationservices (G-14).
3. The ProjectImplementation Unit of the Ministry of Justice serves as the implementing agency for the project and nowinvites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the supply of IT equipment ? desktop all-in-onecomputers and installation services for judicial bodies.
The supply and installationperiod is 24 weeks from contracteffectiveness.
4. Bidding will be conducted using the InternationalCompetitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits,edition of May 2004, revised October2006 and May2010, and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines, that meet the following minimum qualificationcriteria:
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that during the last three (3) years, the Bidder hascompleted successfully at least 60% of 2 contracts involving supply, installation, putting into operation and providing technicalsupport for the equipment and services of similar nature, i.e. approximately 1.800 PCs installed in 30 locations.
(ii) Technical capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentaryevidence to demonstrate that it willhave technical capacity to provide the warranty services for offered Information Systems for 3 years. To be considered responsiveto this requirement the Bidder must have minimum four (4) fully functional service centers spread out over the country (mandatory in Zagreb and, for example, in Osijek, Rijeka andSplit) with certified staff trained for maintenance of the Information Systems offered.
Minimum two (2) persons per servicecenter location (authorized for servicing equipment offered) shall be permanently employed by the bidder.
The technical and experience qualifications of Subcontractors can count for the provision of the warrantyservices. If localcapacity to provide warranty services is not in place at the time of bidding then the Bidder must include a credible plan forestablishing such capacity by the time of Operational Acceptance of the System or any Subsystem.
(iii) Financial viability
a) The Bidder shall demonstrateaverage annual turnover during the last 3 years (2010, 2011, 2012) of at least USD 6.000.000 (six million US Dollars)equivalent.
b) The Bidder shall be properly established in its countryoforigin, the Bidder and management staff of the company shall have not been sentenced for commercialcrime(s), the Bidders shall have stable financial position and shall have fulfilled its obligations as to payment of taxes andduties in the country of incorporation.
(iv) Manufacturer's experience
The manufacturer of the Information Systems offered shall be certified for compliance with ISO9001 or equivalent standards for quality management.
5. Interestedeligible Bidders may obtain furtherinformation from Project Implementation Unit of the Ministry of Justiceand inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 09:00 to 16:00 hours on the normal business days.
6. A completeset of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested Bidders on submission of a writtenapplication to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of HRK 750,00(Croatian Kuna seven hundred fifty) or EUR 100,00 (Euro onehundred). The method of payment will be wire transfer to thefollowing bank account:
a) from within Croatia: accountno. 1001005-1863000160; "model" 64; "poziv nabroj" 9733-3130-78880;
b) from abroad: Croatian National Bank, Trg Hrvatskih Velikana 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia; SWIFT code:NBHRHR2XXXX; user Ministry of Finance; account no: 1863000160; IBAN code HR12 1001 0051 8630 00160,remmitance info/remarks: 64 9733-3130
with an obligatory note: "For Bidding Document no.:JSSP ? G-14"
The document will be sent bycourier mail or may be collected by Bidder's representative from PIU office at the addressbelow. For the convenience ofBidders an unofficial electronic copy of the Bidding Documents in MS Word format may alsobeforwarded by electronic mail.
7. Bids must bedelivered to the address below at or before 12.00hours local time on 31 January 2014. Bids needto be secured by a BidSecurity. The amount of Bid Security required is: HRK 300.000 (Croatian Kuna three hundred thousand) or an equivalent in a freely convertible currency. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence ofBidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address below immediately after the deadline for bid submission.
8. The attention ofprospective Bidders isdrawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either coveredby a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibilityto be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
Project Implementation Unit of the Ministry of Justice
Attn: Mr. Nenad Vukadinovi?, Project ManagementAdvisor
Republic of Croatia, HR-10000 Zagreb,
Ulica grada Vukovara 49, VI floor, Room No.609
Tel: +385 1 3714 664 ;
Fax: +385 1 3714692